Torsion Bar in '89 S-10 Blazer

Has anyone ever removed a torsion bar from a Chevy truck? I have to remove the passenger side bar so I can replace the torsion bar insulator. If yes, is it difficult and what would make it easier to remove? Oddly enough all I
had to do was jack the torsion support up on the driver's side and slide out the old insulator. The passenger side has restricted clearance due to the exhaust snaking around on that side.
Thanks, John '89 S10 Blazer 4x4 4.3L

Can be done with the bars in place. Watched a guy do mine. I think NAPA sells one that's got a shorter stud on it, to help getting it in the passenger side, because of the reduced clearance there.

remove
yes,
all I

out
the
Did them on my '89 myself. Yeah the studs are long so slipping in the new one is a pain. I used OEM ones back then and just shortened the studs some so it slipped right in. Don't go too short as you want the nuts to have full threads through them. I just pulled out the old 4" grinder and cut off the old ones studs close to the frame for easy removal.
--
John
"Anything you say can & will be misquoted & used against you"

slide
off
Hey, thanks for all the responses. I (ok, mainly my dad.) cut the stud down to 5/8" inch and it fit right in with a hammer and punch. Thanks!

new
some