89 S-10 Blazer heat intermintent

I have a 89 S-10 Blazer 4.3 4x4 with a/c. The heat works, but blower only works sometimes. Can't find rhyme or reason as to when it works and when it doesn't. Any help would be great!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff & Missy
89 S-10 Blazer heat intermintent Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Oct 27, 2003, 10:29pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net (Jeff=A0&=A0Missy) I have a 89 S-10 Blazer 4.3 4x4 with a/c. The heat works, but blower only works sometimes. Can't find rhyme or reason as to when it works and when it doesn't. Any help would be great! Jeff

your blowers bad...Replace it.... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

If it is your blower and not your control switch, it is an easy process. Something like 6 or 7 small bolts, unplug one small tube and one electrical connector and the blower is out. Passenger side in the engine compartment. While the designers of the S-10 should be shot for the heater core, they should be congratulated on the placement of the blower motor. Honestly, a

10 minute job.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

compartment.

Honestly, a

-=Boom=-

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

I've replaced my blower and my switch on my 92 S10 and it still acts up. Sometimes the fan stops and I have to wiggle the switch back and forth in order for it to work again.

I think it has something to do with the connector to the switch. if I leave mine on the third fan setting, it melts the switch because the plastic gets very hot.

LS

Reply to
LS

It was the blower all right! Replaced it heat works great now!! Simple job, but that bolt under the connector was a bit tough to get at. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff & Missy

Re: 89 S-10 Blazer heat intermintent Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Nov 1, 2003, 11:23pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@email.net (LS) I've replaced my blower and my switch on my 92 S10 and it still acts up. Sometimes the fan stops and I have to wiggle the switch back and forth in order for it to work again. I think it has something to do with the connector to the switch. if I leave mine on the third fan setting, it melts the switch because the plastic gets very hot. LS I think yours may have a resistor or module.....Which could be the reason for your heating up at different speeds.......How many volts are you getting at the different speeds? Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

I will measure the voltage tonight and see what I get. I cleaned the connectors and nothing works now. Took the connector and undid the snap that holds it in place and pulled it slightly loose and it works now. Low and med do not work anymore. High only.

LS

Reply to
Lannie

Its gonna be your blower resistor its right next to your blower ...held in by 3 5.5mm screws...pull it down you will ore then likely see that it has burnt..... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

I put a new switch in and it didn't help. Had high fan no matter what. On close inspection, the wire snap has melted enough to let the right most connecter short against the next one to the left. Realigned it and cleaned the connections and it works fine now. Still get's hot in medium fan mode.

I will check the resister tonight....

Reply to
LS