Ball Joints / '89 S-10 Blazer

So I replaced the ball joints on the driver's side of my blazer the other day and I noticed the knuckle was very tight, I couldn't even turn it with my hands to reattach the tie-rod. When I got it back on the road the steering stayed tight. When I make a turn I usually let the wheel slip through my hands to let the truck straighten out, but it just turning. Today, after about 30 miles, it is a lot better, but not to a level that I would call acceptable. Has anyone else had a problem with tight steering after installing new ball joints? Both of them are greased and so is the tie-rod that I removed.

Thanks, John

89 S10 Blazer 4.3 202000 mi.

P.S. On a side note the top ball joint still had rivets so it was the first time they had been replaced on this truck.

Reply to
John Manner

On my 91, had the old ones chiselled out at a machine shop as the new ones were to be bolted in....one or two of the new tie rods ends or ball joints were a bit hard to turn by hand but everything worked fine after getting it all back together and aligned.....Ken

Reply to
ken

try getting the alignment checked this might solve your problem

Reply to
Steve Cook