Update on 1993 S-10 Blazer w/low oil pressure

About a month back, I wrote about my W-code S-10 Blazer with very low oil pressure. The shop was working on my intake manifold. During that work, a piece of something (gasket, sealant, whatever) got down in the bottom end.
This caused a major loss of oil pressure, presumably from a clogged oil pump screen.
Well, I've had my vehicle back for a little over a week now. Everything seems fine. It has a rebuilt Jasper engine - no worries about the previous repair causing more problems. While it was in the shop undergoing the engine transplant, I had them take out the tranny and send it out for an overhaul. It had been slow to shift lately, so I knew something was not right.
All said and done, I ended up with a "new" engine and an overhauled tranny for just the cost of the transmission shop to do their work. Since most everything was out anyways, dropping the tranny wasn't a big deal for them.
The shop was very fair about the whole deal. Never had to push them to get what I needed. Gave me a loaner to drive, too. I understand mistakes happen, and they handled this one very well. I would not hesitate to bring my vehicles back there.
Not pleased enough to mention the name of the shop?
GMC Gremlin
"SuperNintendo Chalmers" <Chalmers*at*springfieldcityschools.com> wrote in message

. . ====== ====== <Chalmers*at*springfieldcityschools.com> wrote in message .. About a month back, I wrote about my W-code S-10 Blazer with very low oil pressure. The shop was working on my intake manifold. During that work, a piece of something (gasket, sealant, whatever) got down in the bottom end. This caused a major loss of oil pressure, presumably from a clogged oil pump screen.
Well, I've had my vehicle back for a little over a week now. Everything seems fine. It has a rebuilt Jasper engine -
no worries about the previous repair causing more problems. While it was in the shop undergoing the engine transplant, I had them take out the tranny and send it out for an overhaul. It had been slow to shift lately, so I knew something was not right.
All said and done, I ended up with a "new" engine and an overhauled tranny for just the cost of the transmission shop to do their work.
Since most everything was out anyways, dropping the tranny wasn't a big deal for them. The shop was very fair about the whole deal. Never had to push them to get what I needed. Gave me a loaner to drive, too. I understand mistakes happen, and they handled this one very well. I would not hesitate to bring my vehicles back there. ========== ========== snipped-for-privacy@becomes.me (GMCGremlin) was heard saying:
Not pleased enough to mention the name of the shop?
GMC Gremlin ======== ======== You know......
there are so many things in that OP that jest bout has me wanting to express my true feelings about people that are always happy with the end result of a bad situation when the situation ends with them getting away with doing exactly what they were trying to keep someone else from doing to them, and during the entire proceedure sugar coating the ordeal with some pansy arse grinning hahaha i got a deal bullshit of a bragging statement of self-righteousness........
but ....
i ain't gonna rant about it, i'll jest keep it to myself and say.....
yeah, what KJ said, ditto.
~:~ MARSHMONSTER ~hands the Gremlin a beer and thinks.... poor slobs.....probl'y never get even as much as another tune-up out the guy either... what a total waste of customer service~
Yup. Return customers = life blood.
GMC Gremlin
[...]
Like I said in the first sentence of my post yesterday: "About a month ago, I wrote about...". Maybe you missed that part. Only one person replied last month with a possible reason as to why there was such low oil pressure. It was not either of you two. In reply to that person's suggestion, I wrote that it was going back to the shop, and that I would post an update.
Well, it went back to the shop, now it's back from the shop, and I'm posting that update. Just like I said I would do. If that bores you, then that's fine, just go to the next message. You don't want to offer any help with my original problem? That's cool too, no problem here. You want to try and figure out my motivation for writing yesterday and make a stupid guess as to what that motivation is? You need to get a life. I have better things to do than make things up to try and impress anybody here. I was just following up to a previous thread. Nothing more, nothing less.
And yes, the shop will continue to get my business, and I won't hesitate to recommend them to anybody who asks.
(GMC Gremlin)

. . ======== ======== Sep 14, 2004, 11:08pm (CDT+1) From: Chalmers*at*springfieldcityschools.com (SuperNintendoChalmers) . .
[...]
And yes, the shop will continue to get my business, and I won't hesitate to recommend them to anybody who asks. ========== ========== wow dude..... you rile easy don't you.
allow me to apologize fer GMC Gremlin. You really shouldn't oughta hold it against him to much. He's usually a really nice feller, cept they changed his medication lately and every since....he's been off the deep end a bit. He's changed his name, started act'n mean, and has begun an ambitious campaign of transforming his truck into some weird hybrid with a "winged back" sunroof and rumours have it he's even considering tackling doing a rebuild of his Dana 60 ...... The NG took a vote and I was the one that lost out and had to go see his shrink and find out what the deal wuz, cuz we all really like him here and are concernec with his well being. (take note...you may offend us if you persist in aggrevating his condition)
any whoo... i buy this Greyhound ticket, take this herendous 3 day trip up to see his shrink so's the NG can help the little feller with his issues.
bad news......
seems the shrink is convinced that ever since the "little monkey" went off the deep end and turned into a gremlin, he's slipped further and further into a disillusioned state of self worth and the prognosis ain't good. The shrink says that the best thing the NG good do to help out was to incourage his rantings and off the wall truck projects in hopes that the poor little feller may go so far off the deep end that he'll eventually snap out of it and return to his naturally affimiable little grease monkey self.
untill then.... i appologize fer what he said to you.
and as fer what i said.... well....i'm jest doing my part, like the shrink said, to help the poor feller out by boosting him on in his endeavers.
Nothing personal, and please know that you can expect the same type of replies from the two of us till further notice, or at least untill "the Doc" tells the NG that the gremlin is doing better. Hopefully the others in the NG won't think negatively of you fer yer harsh treatment of Gremlin during his desperate time of need for support.
but...we forgive you this one time cuz we know you ain't a regular and you ain't up on all the problems that each of us face and how it affects our posting style, and how adamantly we support each other through the trials even when comes to poke'n a little fun at a newbie..... but always, and only, for the reason to keep our sanity.
oh yeah..... glad to here yer trucks fixed, and that you got you a good shop to trust.
~:~ MarshMonster ~it'll be a cold day in hell fer i ever give out 6 hours free labor~
<snip, but not for lack of the humor!)
oh yeah..... glad to here yer trucks fixed, and that you got you a good shop to trust.
Which he STILL hasn't told us the name of, all I wanted him to mention. Guess that makes me a bad Gremlin?
GMC Gremlin
~:~ MarshMonster ~it'll be a cold day in hell fer i ever give out 6 hours free labor~