Vacuum- 4.3

Anybody know about what a vacuum gauge should read on a 4.3 around 1990 S-10? TIA

Reply to
EW

In park or neutral, at hot idle, between 17-20 in/hg

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

approx 17 inches.

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

Thanks guys that's where it is. Now all I need to do is find the door in the heater system that's not working. EW

Reply to
EW

In the 90's , did the use cable for the heater/ ac mode dooe(temp door)?

Reply to
Rizal Martinez

message

Nope. His is likely vacuum, might be electrical.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

My 94 had a cable, almost like a brake cable from a bike, but it wasn't braided it was a solid wire.

Reply to
Mike Levy

I stand corrected! Thanks Mike. Coulda swore they were vacuum actuated.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Well, we may be talking about 2 different things. The hot/cold blend was a cable, the floor/dash/defrost was vacuum.

Reply to
Mike Levy

This is how my 91 S10 works

Reply to
Rizal Martinez

That's the problem " " " is " . Does anybody know why very heat comes out no matter where it's pointed. The cable on the heat door seems to work.TIA EWJ

Reply to
EW