Vacuum- 4.3

Anybody know about what a vacuum gauge should read on a 4.3 around 1990 S-10? TIA

--
EW

In park or neutral, at hot idle, between 17-20 in/hg
Doc

approx 17 inches.

heater system that's not working. EW

Nope. His is likely vacuum, might be electrical.
Doc

My 94 had a cable, almost like a brake cable from a bike, but it wasn't braided it was a solid wire.

I stand corrected! Thanks Mike. Coulda swore they were vacuum actuated.
Doc

Well, we may be talking about 2 different things. The hot/cold blend was a cable, the floor/dash/defrost was vacuum.

why very heat comes out no matter where it's pointed. The cable on the heat door seems to work.TIA EWJ