Wheel Offset - will they fit?

a friend of mine has a 2005 GMC K1500 regular cab short box with the 4.3 manual shift. will his 17 inch steel wheels fit on my 1995 GMC K1500 excab
short box with the 5.7? my research shows the bolt pattern is the same but I wonder about the offset. we are gonna swap if possible. thanks in advance.
was looking on the TireRack site and the same wheel for both trucks lists identical bolt patterns and offsets, if that's any indication it should be an easy swap, right? capacity shouldn't be an issue, correct? thanks again!
sorry to bother you guys...
doesn't matter now anyway, his wife shut the swap down.