92 K1500 Regular Cab seat

Hello,

I'm looking for a replacement seat for my 1992 Chevy K1500 regular cab. It currently has the standard bench type seat (red cloth) manual, the rear portion of the seat only moves forward to access the storage space behind the seat. It what I consider the old-school type manual bench cloth seat.

I assume seats from 1988 through 1998 will fit this truck? Anyone know factually? I've been looking on ebay and I've noticed that a number of newer year model seats are available but I'm unsure what exact year model seats will work. I would prefer bucket seats if possible.

The bench seat mounts to the floor at 4 points...2 near the RH door and two near the LH door. I've not have the carpet up so I don't know if there are additional mounting holes for bucket seat "pre-drilled" or not. From what I've seen the buckets style seats have additional mounting points on the floor (different brackets).

My current bench seat was damaged when I bought the truck. I would like to find a decent OEM seat to replace the one I have.

I've seen some seats for newer year model trucks which are nice but the issue with the seat fitting and the brackets working is a problem.

Any comments?

Reply to
Elbert

David Johnson