Will a cap from a dodge fit my truck

There is a leer cap for sale locally, model 122 in the right color for my truck(89 gmc k3500 longbed ex-cab). It's off a 1988 dodge longbed. The dimensions are 71.5 x 100 according to the guy selling
it. I went out and measured and the length seems right on, it's a little wide, within an inch anyway. Has anyone ever used a cap off of one brand truck on another? Just curious before I go and do a test fit b/c it's almost an hour away. I've been looking for just this model for a while and haven't seen a single one for sale near me for a chevy. Supposed to go look at it this afternoon, so any input is appreciated.
Thanks, Ed
89GMC wrote:

If you're willing to make spacers you can make any cap "fit" on any truck. Appearance is another matter.
My only experience was with a Toyota pickup, years ago....
Great deal on a 2 year old cap from same model truck, 2 years newer.... everything fit but the back of the cab, it was a different angle and would have required too much modification to fit mine..
If the cap isn't too old, you might be able to get specs and fit from Leer..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Put a cap off a Ford on a 79 Chevy years ago. It was a "Gem Top." Went right on, later I put it on my 90 Dodge, again no problem.
Al

Thanks for all the replies guys, this one doesn't look too angled toward the cab, so i might be ok. Yeah looks are not a huge concern here, i figure it's gonna overhang 1/2-3/4 of an inch on either side of the bed, but to be honest i can live with that. If anyone else has any other comments post em up, not going for a few more hours. Glad to hear someone else has moved one from truck to truck.
Thanks Ed

For posterity, the cap did not fit. The front was a perfect fit, length was right on, but in the back it didn't taper at all, so it was so much wider that it wouldn't even stay up on the rails but kept sliding down the bed sides on both sides. Knew I had a 50/50 shot going in, so back to hounding craigslist :-) Thanks again to all who replied.
Ed