Wind Noise 2000 Silverado

I just recently purchased a 2000 Silverado ext cab Z-71. The only real problem that I have run across is wind noise coming from the plastic piece of trim right below the windshield. It sounds like it's
vibrating or something, only does it when I get up to interstate speeds. Anyone experienced this? Anyone find a easy fix for it? Thanks, DeeRHunteR
do you have a bug deflector on hood? reason i ask is my 99 silverado did this, BUT only after i installed one on her. now i have a 2000 z71 BUT dont have a deflector and have NO probs. i am told that there is one deflector out there that is the best, BUT sorry cant remember brand, BUT it follows the curves in the hood, and with this one i have been told thetre is no problems. hope this helps
Yes I have a bug deflector on it.

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra Ext. Cab with a GM bug deflector. I notice wind noise starting at 30 mph and have noticed that it is worse if I don't slam the two doors hard enough. Just gently closing them causes more noise. I drove another new GMC to see if it did the same thing. The second one I drove with my salesman just to see if it was my truck or a common occurrence. The second one didn't have the bug deflector. Mine was installed by the dealer when I bought the truck. It's a bit annoying on this price truck, but overall I love the truck.

one
Forgot to add that the second truck did the same thing starting at about 30 mph.

one
Had a Auto Ventshade bugflector on mine that really howled at interstate speeds. Took it off and put on a bugflector 2 (wraps around the corners of the hood) and the noise went away.

On the "99 Silverado's, there was a problem with the windshield making a wind noise. The dealer sealed the side pieces with silicone and stopped it. Later I had to replace the windshield due to a rock damage and they used a updated (according to the installer) trim and so far after two years, no wind noise. Don't know if GM fixed problem or not on 2000 and later models.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:02:29 GMT, "Charles Roberts"

_______
No wind noise at all on my 2004 Silverado. Mighty pleased, because my 2002 Honda Odyssey van has a LOT of wind noise at the windshield. Was beginning to think there was something wrong with my ears.
Marshall