A dumb question - how do I go from nav system to clock?

This pertains to the nav system/clock in my 2003 TL.
99% of the time, I just use it as a clock. And it displays, in nice big numbers, the time.
But sometimes I need to check something on a map, get directions,
whatever, so I'll go to the nav system. When that happens, the time just shows up as a tiny number in the bottom right of the display.
My question is, how do I, if I no longer need the nav system readout, make it just show the clock again, nice and big, on the display? The only way I can find is to turn the car off. Fine, if mildly annoying, while at a traffic signal, but ill-advised if on the open road or expressway.

From your Owner's Manual:
"If you do not press the joystick or touch "OK", the screen will go dark after 30 seconds. If you are not planning to use the Navigation System at this time, touch the SHUT DOWN box on the display. To return to the disclaimer, press any button.
Touching the time display while the screen is dark enlarges the time display. Touch the time display again to return it to its normal size."
Does this help?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Thanks. I'd seen that, and known it in practice.
But no, that doesn't help for what I'm wondering about.
Using the "OK" that you mention as a reference point, it seems that, once I've touched OK, whether on starting the car or if activating the nav system on the road, I can't return to just the clock (the large clock that fills the display). For that matter, I don't think I can even shut the display off at that point. Without turning the car off, of course.

Have you read the Owner's Manual in its entirety? The answer may be sonmewhere else in there.
Failing that, you could visit your local dealer and ask one of the salesmen how to do it (if it's even possible). This is the kind of thing they're trained on.