Acura Handsfreelink accuracy

I was recently in the market for a new cell phone. I was pleased to discover that the new Sprint Samsung M520 is completely compatible with my 2006 TSX in spite of a report at

it is not (the only caveat being that the slider must be leftopen for outgoing calls to be placed). Given that the 'testingengineers' at handsfreelink missed this one, I have to wonder how manyother phones out there work perfectly well in spite of handsfreelink'sclaims to the contrary. Maybe some of these phones only need to havethe slider open, or the flip open, or a software update to cross theline from 'not compatible' to 'compatible with most features', to usehandsfreelink's terminology. Anyway, I am posting this in casesomeone out there is looking for more up to date information thanmight be found on the handsfreelink site. I did inform thehandsfreelink folks of the apparent discrepancy but there's no way ofknowing if/when that will be confirmed by their testers and their siteupdated. I would also encourage others to post their experiences withsupposedly incompatible phones that actually work just fine with yourcar's handsfree and what if anything you had to do to get them towork.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

I found the information on site to be way too slow to update to be useful. When I got my V3xxx Razr last April and checked on it for my '06 TSX, it said it was "in testing" and stayed that way for over 6 months. I stopped checking after that. I checked after your post and it is listed as "not compatible". The only problem I could find was, and this is a show-stopper, I discovered was that when you call someone with the car, it never recognizes that the phone has been answered, and never turns on the car microphone. I can receive incoming calls with no problem. After reading your post, I think I'll go resync it with the car and see if opening the phone before making the call will solve the problem.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Opening the handset before calling didn't work.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Sorry that didn't work out for you Bob. If I were you I'd also try different settings for 'call answer' on that phone to see if it makes any difference (e.g. 'any key' answer, open flip, etc.) Also make sure from your carrier that you have the latest software revision for that phone.

I also recently discovered not only from other posts online but from personal experience as well, that the Verizon LG VX8600 which the Handsfreelink site says is 'incompatible' due to a supposed inability to make outgoing calls, works just fine. It fascinates me that two out of the three phones I've paired with this system have uncovered inaccuracies in the handsfreelink site and have turned out to be compatible in spite of their site claiming otherwise.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

I've verified that I have the latest firmware for the phone from AT&T.

I'm confused as to why changing the 'call answer' feature would affect making a call, and the car answers calls properly, but we are talking about software/firmware here, so I'll give it a try :-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob