Acura Handsfreelink accuracy

I was recently in the market for a new cell phone. I was pleased to discover that the new Sprint Samsung M520 is completely compatible with my 2006 TSX in spite of a report at http://www.handsfreelink.com
that it is not (the only caveat being that the slider must be left open for outgoing calls to be placed). Given that the 'testing engineers' at handsfreelink missed this one, I have to wonder how many other phones out there work perfectly well in spite of handsfreelink's claims to the contrary. Maybe some of these phones only need to have the slider open, or the flip open, or a software update to cross the line from 'not compatible' to 'compatible with most features', to use handsfreelink's terminology. Anyway, I am posting this in case someone out there is looking for more up to date information than might be found on the handsfreelink site. I did inform the handsfreelink folks of the apparent discrepancy but there's no way of knowing if/when that will be confirmed by their testers and their site updated. I would also encourage others to post their experiences with supposedly incompatible phones that actually work just fine with your car's handsfree and what if anything you had to do to get them to work.
Bruce
In article <bd349a02-4bad-43c8-a80f-47d582eb61e2

useful. When I got my V3xxx Razr last April and checked on it for my '06 TSX, it said it was "in testing" and stayed that way for over 6 months. I stopped checking after that. I checked after your post and it is listed as "not compatible". The only problem I could find was, and this is a show-stopper, I discovered was that when you call someone with the car, it never recognizes that the phone has been answered, and never turns on the car microphone. I can receive incoming calls with no problem. After reading your post, I think I'll go resync it with the car and see if opening the phone before making the call will solve the problem.
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@forevermail.com says...

Bob

Sorry that didn't work out for you Bob. If I were you I'd also try different settings for 'call answer' on that phone to see if it makes any difference (e.g. 'any key' answer, open flip, etc.) Also make sure from your carrier that you have the latest software revision for that phone.
I also recently discovered not only from other posts online but from personal experience as well, that the Verizon LG VX8600 which the Handsfreelink site says is 'incompatible' due to a supposed inability to make outgoing calls, works just fine. It fascinates me that two out of the three phones I've paired with this system have uncovered inaccuracies in the handsfreelink site and have turned out to be compatible in spite of their site claiming otherwise.
Bruce
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:54:32 -0700, Bruce wrote: <snip>

I've verified that I have the latest firmware for the phone from AT&T.
I'm confused as to why changing the 'call answer' feature would affect making a call, and the car answers calls properly, but we are talking about software/firmware here, so I'll give it a try :-)
Bob