Roll down windows with keychain remote ('01 3.2 TL)

Hello all,

Twice today, I've heard/read something about being able to roll down (or "crack") the windows with the keychain remote on 2 different makes of cars. One was some sort of Nissan (model and year unknown), and the other was an Accord (year unknown), I think.

Is this a function of the factory keyless-entry/security system, or does this have to do with an after-market system (I used to install Viper alarms and I know this was an optional functionality of their alarms).

If this is part of the factory systems, does my 2001 TL have this functionality? What is the trick to get it to work?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

--------------------------- "Smokin' weed kills your brain cells. Drinkin' only screws up your liver...ya got 2 a those." - Earl Hickey (NBC's "My Name is Earl")

Reply to
Conan Kelly

My 2007 TL will roll down the windows and open the sun roof if the unlock button on the remote is pressed 2 times and the 2nd time holding the button until the windows are down as far as you like. I can then lock the car in the normal way and the windows stay down/sun roof stays open.

Reply to
I. Care

On my '04 TSX, if I hold the Unlock button down on the 2nd push, it will drop the windows. Not sure if your car has that feature (my wife's '05 CRV doesn't do it).

Very nice on a hot day to have it airing out before you open the door.

Reply to
Nick Cassimatis

Hi Conan,

All the talk about this key fob function started on an NPR radio program called "Car Talk". I guy with a Nissan called in last week and asked if they knew what might be causing his windows to go down for no reason. They weren't aware of this function, but other listeners wrote in to fill them in.

On this week's show, Tom & Ray mentioned this and that's why so many may be talking about it.

- Russ

Reply to
RLL