Brembo brake pad life

I have a 2007 TL Type S. I don't drive it a lot, so the car only had 17000 miles the last time I took it to my dealer for service a few months ago.
They told me the front brake pads were worn out! They showed me the pads which allegedly were from my car, and they had only about 1 mm left before the wear sensor would contact the rotor.
While I do frequently accelerate hard, I rarely brake hard. I'm very suspicious that this dealer has scammed me. He charged about $250 just for the new pads and the entire front brake job was about $450. They told me this kind of wear is not unusual with the Brembo brake pads.
What kind of brake pad life have other owners seen? Thanks!
John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

Add pictures here
✖
I doubt your RSX has Brembos, what the OP was referring to.
"BK" wrote in message

Add pictures here
✖
responding to http://www.motorsforum.com/acura/Brembo-brake-pad-life-7361-.htm Motorhead7 wrote: Heavy SUV's often only get 10K from a set of front pads, doesn't seem unreasonable to get 17K from a sports car.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 25, 2:43 pm, snipped-for-privacy@nonospam.org wrote:

I've 2004 TL 6M with Brembo and have 101K miles now. I'm on my second set on brembo pads. 17K for a new set is totally fishy unless you brake hard all the time, which you do not.
-AJ
Add pictures here
✖