Brake pad life

Hi,

I have an 2002 93 Aero, just coming up to the 60,000 km service and have been told that the pads will require replacement at this service, is this good bad or otherwise the SAAB dealer is very good but just after some feedback, i drive 70% city and 30% hwy approx. got 45,000 out of the Pirellis 6000s but now on Michs Pilot Precedas much quieter and better handling.

Tx Colc

Reply to
vhcolc

Isn't there a warning lamp for low brake pads? It may be that they suggest changing the pads if they judge that they will be worn before the next service. My brake pads (9000) has lasted for ages, but I suppose this is very individual.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Pad life differs greatly between driving styles and car usage. For example I'll often only get 200 miles from a set of 1166's on the front of my C900, but then that 200 miles is done at around 150mph with constant hard breaking from that speed - 30mph. The dealer will recommend you change pads if they judge that they will be worn to the metal before the next service. 60K KM doesn't sounds bad to me esp as most of your driving is city with constant use of the brakes.

Cheers Matt

Reply to
**-**

Either way, i'd rather change a set of pads than a set of pads and new discs because the discs got scored!

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

I presume this one the way to and from the corner grocer's?

I've been through two sets of pads in about 100K km., but my driving is typically about 1 km. between stops. Manual transmission shift mechanism shows the effects also.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

To and from the local bank actualy, with a couple of large passengers ;-)

I run the car at Bruntingthorpe most weekends so it takes quite a hammering.

Matt

Reply to
**-**