Changing Tires

I am planning on swapping summer and winter tires on the same set of rims, twice a year. Is it true that it's hard on the tires to do that, and that I can end up with slow leak?

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
than a frontal lobotomy.

Sounds like an awful lot of work dismounting, mounting and rebalancing twice a year just to avoid buying a set of steel wheels for the snow tires.
right out and said:

I bought high performance winter tires. I don't want to run them on crappy rims. Kinda defeats the purpose. I was going to buy an extra set of alloy rims but, for that much money, I got a complete bedroom set instead ;-)
--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
than a frontal lobotomy.
"High performance" in what sense? Truly good snow tires can never be truly good warm weather/dry road tires.
Bruno wrote:

came right out and said:

Agreed. But I said winter tires, not snow tires. A good portion of my winter driving occurs on pavement. So I chose a winter tire that had good dry/wet handling, noise levels and comfort, that handled snow pretty well, and that wasn't manufactured by Michelin.
--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
than a frontal lobotomy.

Nope. If anything, you'll get LESS of a chance of a leak because the bead seal is always fresh. And you'll have better balanced tires, too.
I used to do just that until cheap used rims became commonplace for my car.
It *is* true that the rubber on the tire's edge will develop minor chipping, but I have never seen this cause leakage.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ