Tires...on grand am 04...

I am going to get new tires on my 04 grand am. The car came with Eagle good year's. I am thinking about going with slightly bigger tires than the originals, anyway my question would be to anyone that has done this, how did it work out and should I go ahead and go with bigger tires to get a little more height or just stay with the same size?? thanks 205/65/15 are the current tire size.

Len

Reply to
Leonard Abeyta

Why do you want more height? That will most likely worsen performance. Usually you want a lower profile tire that is wider. In your case, maybe a

215/60/15 or 225/60/15.

Reply to
hdd

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about it, more my brothers idea than mine, who is a truck guy. I'll probably go with the same size or wider.

Reply to
Leonard Abeyta

Check your tire sizes out here first

' 01 Grand Am came with 225/50/16 stock tires .Should fit yours also. Ed

Reply to
M1072

Ed, Is yours a GT? My 01 Grand Am SE came with 215/60/R15.

Tech

Reply to
Tech