Cleaning TL Grille

I've been looking at the 2006 Acura TL and am about ready to buy, but... I have a question re: how to best clean the front grille.
I've noticed that they seem to spot badly and even running your finger
across a clean, dry grille leaves messy streaks. Not sure why they used that type of material instead of chrome, but what is the best way to clean it?
My dealer told me that using 'baby naps', when the grille is still damp after washing, cleans it like a miracle. I would think that using auto detergent and water when I wash the rest of the car would work, but the dealer says that the grille will streak badly. What does everyone use? Thanks for your time and comments.
Michael,
We're also considering a new TL and I know what you mean. Check out zaino products at http://www.zainostore.com /. I have used Zaino on two TT's for six years and there is nothing quite like it. I plan on using it on the TL if we get it and am not worried in the slightest. It works on virtually anything, in my experience anyway.
AS
Michael and Karen Platnick wrote:

Collinite Fleetwax. Sold at better boat supply shops. This wax can be used on every part of the car. Big tin for around $17 should be enough for several years. Follow directions on the can (don't let the wax dry - apply and buff one panel at a time).