Any alternative Replacement shocks & Struts for RL identified?

My 2001 RL is now at 200K km and due for lots of parts replacement. While I've been able to identify sources for affordable parts such as fuel pumps, timing belt components, etc., locating a source for shocks and struts has been quite frustrating. Are there any out there or are there some for other vehicles that while, perhaps not a perfect match, are close enough to fit without any perceptible performance concerns? Your experience and perspectives with this are greatly apreciated.

Reply to
Wine Buff

If the aftermarket mfg. doesn't list you application I wouldn't try something "close". Generally the aftermarket companies are already pretty liberal in what they consider "correct".

John

Reply to
John Horner