Gear Problem

I just got a acura integra 1994. Its a automatic. And the problem is that I cant shift out of park. I turn on the car and hit the brakes but I cant get
it out of park. I have to stick my key in the shift release to get it out of park, but it gets stuck on park if I put it there. I dont know what's up but advice would help out alot. thanx in advance.

Check the brake light fuse.
David Short Acura God
the shifter has a shift lock solenoid that is controled by the transmission control module more than likely its a faulty shift lock solenoid but that problem has also been related to a faulty transmission control module <located under the passenger floorboard under carpet>check shift lock solenoid if no apparent melt down visable check trans control module for burnt circuits.ASE certified Transmission rebuilder and electronics tech