Integra 2001 Noise from the distributer

Integra 2001 Noise from the distributor As if it needs lubrication but I can't find anything to lubricate. The service manual makes no reference to lubrication either.
It sounds very much like a bad water pump but it isn't I have removed the distributor cover and I see some brown dust, probably from the rotor touching the distributor cap. No play on the distributor rotor. I am stuck.
Help please.
John

Please TeGGeR Help me John

Your distributor bearing is failing. It is possible to obtain the shaft alone (with bearing pressed on), but it's a lot easier to get a new distributor housing (over $100). Call around to the auto parts places near you, including the dealer.
Don't leave this. The distributor will eventually fail catastrophically.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:17:55 +0000 (UTC), "TeGGeR"

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:17:55 +0000 (UTC), "TeGGeR"

This group should erect a statue to you somewhere. Many people have them for doing a lot less that what you have done to this group, thanks a million.
John

You're welcome. You can also thank Jim Yanik, Mike Pardee and David Short (Acura God).
I kind of wish David would post more, as he's a working tech, so he has much broader and deeper hands-on experience than I do.
The problem with this group is that it's thinly travelled, so I look better than I am. Some other groups have lots of people that are far more knowledgeable than me. For more, try these groups: rec.autos.tech rec.autos.makers.honda alt.autos.honda The first two groups are heavily populated, with high message posting numbers and lots of responses.
If you like, you can crosspost (correctly!!!) to two or three groups in order to increase the response ratio.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:13:11 +0000 (UTC), "TeGGeR"

General Information
Total cost to replace the distributor housing plus dist cap $492.72 can, plus tax
Also replaced the clutch for $925..71 can plus tax
John
Vlad wrote in

That would include the labor to swap all the innards from old to new. An all-new complete OEM distributor, complete with igniter, coil, wires, cap and rotor is about $650 Cdn (not installed).

I paid about that amount back before Christmas. Had all-new OEM parts.