2001 rear end noise

I have a 2001 chevy Z71 1500, I hear a clunking noise when I accelerate from a stop, also when I pull my race trailer it feels rather odd in that there is a slipping feeling for a brief moment almost like starting out in the mud then hitting the pavment. I have seen some posts about transfer case fluid needing replacement to fix the problem. The thing is that if when pulling the trailer and I accelerate slowly then the effect is significantly reduced almost to the point of non exsistance. Any ideas?

Reply to
mxracr

I had that problem on my 2000. Turned out that I needed a nickel plated slip yoke covered under warranty. I believe there is a TSB on the matter and I am sure someone here can point you to it. I have heard that taking the slip yoke apart and lubing with some good grease will band aid the issue for roughly 6 months.

HTH,

Derek

Reply to
genius