distributer?

well, my distributer in my 69's engine has gone dead, not sure which style it was, its a 1600dp, i need to get a new one asap, question is, 009 or 050?

Reply to
Exille

NM guys, dad told me 050 is for hi-po engines only.

Reply to
Exille

Why don't you try the stock one?

Exille wrote in this freaking newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

Rebuild it... That's kind of a fancy word for punch the pin out of the bottom, and pull the shaft, then clean and re-assemble. It will get you a few more miles. When you get another dist, keep the fixed one as a spare.

I pulled the dist out of Clayton, my 70 bug. And it was so stiff, that I could barely turn it by hand. After 20 minutes with a pan of solvent, and a few drops of motor oil, it spun almost freely.

Reply to
Michael Kelly