97 Integra 2dr won't start

There is one click, fuel pump primes, nothing else. This was an intermittent problem for days. However, now only a relay clicks under the dash when the key is turned (12 VDC 40/30A VF4-45F11). Battery is good, and there is power to base of steering column ignition wires.

The front and rear running parking lamps also flash. The vehicle did have an alarm but parts of it were disconnected by previous owner. I have owned it for 2 years no problems.

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
Mark F.

------------------------

Read through this thread, follow the included _links_. 97 Integra is very similar to the vehicle described.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I used Nationsautoelectric for my 94 GS-R,was very satisfied;only cost me $30 for the contact/plunger set.My contacts and plunger really did look just like the pix on the website.

the lower,long starter bolt was a bitch to get out,made the job take twice as long.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

It's not the starter solenoid that is clicking. It is a relay under the dash. I don't think that power is even getting to the starter.

Mark

Reply to
Mark F.

------------------------

Good, read the _whole_ thread. There's two distinct problems explained and cured. You seem to have the other one.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

On an older Integra the problem would be on the famous relay. The one under the dash that clicks but doesn't make contact

John

Reply to
John

John wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

if he's not getting power to the starter[no cranking],then it could be the ignition switch itself.

with a Main relay fault,the starter cranks the motor fine,it either starts then dies or just doesn't start.

If the motor is not cranking,it doesn't matter if the main relay is not powering up the fuel pump.

Reply to
Jim Yanik