Integra clutch?

Presently have a 91 Integra with 240K miles. Purchased it with 99K miles. No clutch issues. I went and test drove a 95 Integra GSR with 113K a guy is selling. Thinking about upgrading...:). He had to replace
the clutch at 90K miles. Should a clutch not last longer than 90K miles? Was wondering if other Integra owners might chime in. When I test drove the car, I noticed about 1/2 pedal of play. The clutch in my 91 Integra may have 1 inch of play. Are these clutches easily adjusted?
I will say this 95 is alot tighter than my 91, also alot more power with the VTec vs my 91.
THanks!

Of course. It can last over 245,000 miles with the right kind of treatment, and 245K is exactly where mine stands at this moment.
At this point there is question on mine as to what will go first: The clutch friction disc, its springs, or the transmission bearings. All are fine as of today (tranny bearings a bit noisy tho', and 2nd gear synchro *definitely* feeling its age).
Conversely, driving school cars go through a clutch at about 30K miles.
It's all about the driver, what kind of driving he does, and how he does it.

The '91 should be measured at the release arm. 5/32" play in the cable is good. Later cars had hydraulic linkages.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
91 Integra has a clutch cable which is adjustable. 95 Integra has hydraulic clutch linkage which is not adjustable.
David Short Acura God

So should a hydraulic clutch with only 23K miles since installation have approx. 1/2 pedal distance of play (softness)??
Is there a big difference in pedal feel between a cable vs hydraulic clutch??
Acura God wrote:

Yes there is a difference in feel. Besides the clutch failing the master cylinder can leak causing pedal to lose heighth. Do you mean 1/2 inch of free play or 1/2 the pedal travel? It is possible the clutch is worn depending on abuse etc. Check for a trail of fluid running down the inside of the car from the clutch linkage. If there then cylinder is leaking. Or maybe just needs a good bleeding to restore the height of the pedal.
David Short Acura God

I mean 1/2 of the pedal travel, with no resistance, then you feel the pressure of the clutch. This clutch was replaced at 90K, car has 113K. It may just that it needs bleeding. It just feels alot different than the clutch in my 91 Integra. I may test drive the car again and look for leaks.....
Thanks!!
Acura God wrote:

The local Acura dealer tells me that the average lifeof the cluch on the 91 Integra is 130,000 km but the has seen some with more than 250,000. If your driving is mostly high way it will last a longer time that if you do mostly city driving of course.
Vlad

My concern is the life of the clutch of the 95 Integra that I am considering buying that had the clutch replaced at 90Kmiles. More concerned about the feel of the new clutch....has half a pedal length play before feeling clutch. I have the 91 with 239K miles on the clutch....it is solid.