Synthetic Oil

Hi
What experiences do members of this news group have with Synthetic oils in their TL's. I am ready for a oil change and have been considering moving
over to a Synthetic.
Thanks
RWC
Knot@Work wrote:

I've used Mobil 1 synthetic in all my Honda engines, both I4 and V6, after a 10K mile break-in period. Synthetic oil works well for folks who drive lots of miles/year or who live where there are extremes of hot or cold temperatures. If you drive in a dusty environment or use the car for short trips (engine doesn't get fully warmed up) you should change your oil frequently so expensive synthetic won't make economic sense.

Thanks for the reply,
I live in NH, so we do have differences in seasons, we drive about 12,000 per year. My wife travels about 30 miles to an from work, then weekend travel and trips.
RWC

Live in WI where weather is similar to yours. Acura dealer here uses only Castrol Syntec.
Knot@Work wrote:

I second what Acar says... I've been using it in my 92 Vigor since 1993. The car runs like a sewing machine. Fortunately, the trans also get a pan drain every 7-8K miles and it uses Dexron III, so it also acts like new. I'm considering the purchase of an 05/06 RL and will do the same as before, but what is everyone doing about the transmission maintenance on these or any other new car?
SilverStude wrote:

Nice car that new RL. The RL has Honda's SH-AWD. I expect there's a specific Honda trans. fluid for it and I would use that exclusively. Generally, I've had my auto trans. serviced at half the suggested interval which works out to about every 18 months or so for me. My dealer has frequent service specials, often a routine auto trans service for something like $35 or $40. SH-AWD probably requires more than just routine auto trans service.
Knot@Work wrote:

Synthetic is an excellent choice if you have harsh winters as it will be easier on the engine at start up and will flow better under those conditions. Right now I have Mobil-1 in the Accord and Havoline Synthetic in our Acura TSX. You can also feel more comfortable going the full recommended oil change interval with the extra margin a synthetic provides. Just don't waste your money on a high quality oil *and* then do the traditional 3,000 mile/3 month thing!
John