The back window Brake light

I have an 2001 CL which has the following problem. The Back Window Brake light does not light even though the rear Brake lights work and the spoiler brake light works. In addition the Cruise control has
become inoperative. Any ideas as to the cause Thanks

Have you checked the bulb?

When did it become inop? What (if anything) was done t the car immediately prior to the onset of the problem? Have you checked the fuses?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
hamish wrote:

I thought the rear window brake light isn't needed (looks stupid) when you have the one on the spoiler ? ?
'Curly'

Curly and Tegger I have had all the fuses checked by the dealer, with no result. The brake light in the rear window worked before along with the spoiler and rear stop lights. My suspection is the Brake Switch which has two contacts. One is working the other one suspect IMHO Thanks for the reply hamish

I just replaced the stop light switch on my son's 88 Acura Legend LS. This fixed his brake lights not working, but the cruise control still does not work... I thought they may have been tied together. But the cruise still does not work. On this model, there are four contacts on the stop light switch. One set is open and the other closed and they open and close when the brake pedal moves. They are not independent of each other. John

I would try a new bulb before I tried to replace the brake switch. That's a LOT easier and cheaper,too. (If you're really worried about your CHMSL not working,even though you have the spoiler LED bar and both taillights OK.)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik