Magnaflow Cat Back #15811 for the Tacoma

Hello

I have an '02 Tacoma Double Cab with the 3.4 liter v6 and have started to fix it up a little. I added a Magnaflow cat back exhaust to it the other day and am a kind of disappointed. I wanted to give it a little more rumble and a bit deeper sound and was told Magnaflow was the way to go as it was not as loud as Flowmaster or Borla. But right away as I was driving home I noticed that this system was very intrusive in the cab. On acceleration it really resonates in the cab of the truck and is quite a bit louder than I had anticipated. Once I am up to speed it does mellow out a bit but in stop and go traffic it is not what I wanted. I noticed the muffler with this kit is 5"x*8"x14" long while the factory one was about a third again larger and round. Would replacing the 14" muffler with a larger one, possibly 18" or 20", make a difference and quiet this down a little? Like I said I wanted a little rumble but I don't really need people two blocks away to hear me coming. I will say that the fit and finish of the kit is excellent if others reading this have considered buying one. I had gone to Magnaflow's website and listened to the sound clips for the various trucks with an engine approximately the same size as mine and it sounded good. Though now I have noticed that most of them used an 18" muffler and my kit has a 14". So we will see maybe I can get used to it or if not possibly changing the muffler out for a larger one will mellow it out a little. Thanks for any replies or ideas.

Pat

Reply to
Pat

Try a resonator after the muffler. That might be just what you need. Good Luck.......

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN