ford sportrack 2001 back window stuck down

I used my rear window on my 2001 sporttrak today and now the window will not go back up. I am getting a blown fuse at location 17 on the inside but since my manual has been stolen, I have no idea if #17 is my problem. It figures just as soon as cold weather is here to stay, it does this crap. I stuck a spare fuse of a higher amperage and it blew out too. I need a fuse layout if anyone has one.

Reply to
ed

Fuse 17 of the inside fuse box appears to be a 20 amp that powers the cigarette lighter and DLC (diagnostic connector). Do you use any accessory adapters in the cig lighter? Any signs that it could be blowing the fuse... a burned appearance on the contact terminal inside, anything?

Fuse 3 in the fuse box near the battery is the main power source for the rear window (the back glass window). It would blow if there was a motor or motor wiring short. Perhaps you simply have a bad switch. Have you tried taking off the trim, then manually apply ground to the violet/green or violet/blue wires at the motor harness? If you are in there, check for ground at the black and black/white wires, as well as B+ at the yellow/green wire (always) and at the black/pink wire (key in run or accessory position).

Finally, I don't know if there is a window cut switch for the back window, but if so I would check to see if it has been inadvertently pressed.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish