Thermostat

What kind of thermostat does a '07 TL Type S use? The engine sure gets to the normal operating temperature faster than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

Reply to
NJ Vike

"NJ Vike" wrote in news:7Neji.4092$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Same as any other Honda.

Reply to
Tegger

"Your Name" wrote in news:6l8ki.5609$Od7.5510 @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

An OEM 78C (172F) unit.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9967D72CA6E24tegger@207.14.116.130:

Actually, some of these cars seem to take 82C (180) thermostats.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9968AFA4161CEtegger@207.14.116.130:

My 94 Integra GSR took a 195 degF TS. (from my Acura Dealer) But the aftermarket TS guide at PepBoys listed a 180degF TS.

Too bad it was stolen 29 June,stripped and torched. I didn't even get a chance to shoot at them. :-(

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns99698056716A2jyanikkuanet@

64.209.0.85:

Neither are correct. The proper thermostat for that car, as reported by the OEM shop manual, is 78C (172F).

Remember that the thermostat's rated temperature is its OPENING temperature. A 78C thermostat is fully open at 192F.

Sorry to hear that. About the car and the shooting, I mean.

Reply to
Tegger

I don't think the thermostat is anything special. Quick warm up is an advantage for low emissions and is a matter of careful engineering with lowest possible thermal masses, etc. The all aluminum engine and head is one part of that puzzle.

John

Reply to
John Horner