Thermostat

What kind of thermostat does a '07 TL Type S use? The engine sure gets to the normal operating temperature faster than any other vehicle I've ever
owned.

Same as any other Honda.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Which is?
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

An OEM 78C (172F) unit.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Actually, some of these cars seem to take 82C (180) thermostats.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Thanks
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

My 94 Integra GSR took a 195 degF TS. (from my Acura Dealer) But the aftermarket TS guide at PepBoys listed a 180degF TS.
Too bad it was stolen 29 June,stripped and torched. I didn't even get a chance to shoot at them. :-(
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Neither are correct. The proper thermostat for that car, as reported by the OEM shop manual, is 78C (172F).
Remember that the thermostat's rated temperature is its OPENING temperature. A 78C thermostat is fully open at 192F.

Sorry to hear that. About the car and the shooting, I mean.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Thanks
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
NJ Vike wrote:

I don't think the thermostat is anything special. Quick warm up is an advantage for low emissions and is a matter of careful engineering with lowest possible thermal masses, etc. The all aluminum engine and head is one part of that puzzle.
John