Wheels and Tires

Greetings! I have a 2007 Acura TL Type S and want to replace those stock wheels with something a little nicer. Perhaps in chrome. So far, it has been hell trying to find out if any wheels fit other than Ron
Johns. My question is that if I do find a nice wheel, will going to a 19" tire & wheel combo take away gas mileage? What about speed performance like 0-60 or 1/4 mile? Will I need to have my Speedometer recalibrated? I have 235-45-17 and would like to upgrade to a 235-35-19.
Thanks in advance.
Changing tire sizes should not have any effect on gas mileage.
Two other things...which you may already have thought of/checked out...be sure that the new tires and wheels will fit into the wheel well and that they won't scrape either on the top or the sides (when turning). Also, yes, you will have have to have the speedo and odometer recalibrated, as the circumference of the new tires and wheels will be greater than the old ones.
Tom S. Houston, TX
NJ Vike wrote:

Will do and thanks for the reply
Ken
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

How do you figure that? Did you even do the arithmetic?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Last time I was on the Tire Rack site,they had a feature that gave you the circumference and percent difference in speedo reading for each particular tire.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Which you can do yourself with your dollar-store pocket calculator.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

The nominal difference in rolling radius between 235/35-19 and 235/45-17 is less than one percent.
Your ride height would drop about 1/16".
You don't need to recalibrate anything.
Since rolling radius is unaffected, gas mileage won't change.
Your ride will be harder and handling may not be what you expect, since the suspension is calibrated for a taller sidewall.
Also, watch the offset in any aftermarket wheel. If it's different from stock, this can lessen the life-expectancy of your wheel bearings.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Many thanks for the reply. I think I will purchase the same size wheel and check on the offset.
Ken
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
NJ Vike wrote:

You will spend a bunch of money to get a car with a worse ride, high susceptibility to rim damage and short tire life. Other than that, great plan!
It is rare indeed to see a car with bling wheels that really look better or work better than the TL-S factory wheels.
I was just looking for something with a shine to the wheels. I realize that it's a personal preference but I can't imagine why Acura would equip such a nice looking car with wheels that look like they're completely covered with brake dust is beyond me.
I did take everyone's opinion into consideration and decided to go with an aftermarket chrome rim in the same size. I will equip these rims with either the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 or the Continental ContiSportContact 2. I have nothing to complain about with the existing Michelin tires that came with the car. I just don't want to continue to have them mounted and dismount twice a year. We get snow around here so I plan to take the wheels off when winter arrives.
Thanks everyone for their opinion and I look forward to discussing Acura issues again.
Ken
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

so when they DO get covered with brake dust,nobody notices.... ;-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik