'06 A6 Heat Vents?

My '06 A6 has 2 holes in the floor in the rear under the drivers seat, but they are unsightly to me and look out of place. They are totally open vents (approx. 2" x 3" ea.). The carpet is cut to allow them access to the cabin. When I brought my car into the dealer last week for 5,000 mile checkup, I looked at an '07 in the showroom which doesnt have them showing like in mine, so I asked service. When my car was done, my service administrator said it was the design in '06, but it was changed in the newer model. Does anyone know if this is true, or was I sold a bill of goods to get off their back? TIA for some assistance. Karen

Reply to
removethis

I bet the car you saw had the front seats positioned for normal sized people, but you are "challenged by height", hence you pull the seats far forward, exposing the rear passenger heat vents...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

You are correct that I am "challenged by height"... I still feel they shoudnt be that visible and unsightly though... even if the seat were back further, they would be too obvious to someone sitting in the rear. If it is supposed to be that way, it was a good thing Audi changed that design. This is actually my 7th Audi, and I still feel they are one of the best vehicles out there....

TKS for your thoughts and time! Karen