4000Q throttle linkage

Greetings
The linkage between the gas pedal and the throttle cable on my '86 4000Q came apart yesterday. Got home by tying a shoe string to the hook on the
cable end. I can't find any remnants of whatever fits into the ring at the top of the gas pedal. It looks like there must be a rubber or plastic grommet that fits the ring, with a hole for the hook to plug into. Is there a source for the part or a kludge to repair this problem?
miguelito
That piece will be made to look like an empty spool of thread if it looks like my '83 Audi 4000S. VW or Audi dealer should have them, or can get them for you. They should not be expensive............well it should be under $10.00 USD and if you can find it elsewhere maybe under $3.00 USD.
Just call them up to see. If you can't find it I will try to look up the part number. I should have 1 or 2 of them somewhere.
--
later,
dave

Hey dave. Thanks for the reply. Well, me being the impetuous type and it being Sunday afternoon, I decided to wing it. I bopped down to the hardware store and was able to put together a fix for 65 cents! I found a plastic end cap just the right size to fit the id of the ring on the pedal, a rubber grommet that slipped inside the end cap, and another slightly smaller grommet that would just slip over the flange on the cable end. I assembled everything with silicon adhesive and popped it together. I lost one the clips that hold the pedal pivot in place during reinstallation. I substituted with circlage wire. Worked so well I used it on both ends!
I like ingenuity! ;-)