99 A6 Auto-Dimming Mirrors

Hi!
I have a 99 A6 with Auto Dimming Mirrors that just started staying in 'dim" mode all the time. Any suggestions to fix the problem?
Thanks!

I have a somewhat similar problem with my '98 A6. The mirror shows a dimmed portion, and a clear portion. Anything viewed through the dimmed potion is "tripled" three imges instead of one -- two are dimmer. Most annoying!!
The problem started suddenly about 3 weeks ago. Does anyone have any clues as to what's wrong? -- Jay. (remove dashes for legal email address)
Hmmm looks as though it may be dead - check out audiworld.com for some asssitance.