RAV4 Auto Dimming Mirror Question

Hi ..I just bought a leftover 2005 RAV4-L and would like to add an OEM auto dimming interior rear view mirror and swap it out myself. Has anyone ever put one of these auto dimmer mirrors in a Rav?

My L model has side air bags & factory moon roof and this OEM dimming mirror is definitely a listed factory option for that configuration.

I'd just like to find out if I'd need to do extensive head-liner work to snake its wires any distance ..or for that matter would I need to run a line down behind the windshield side cowl to the fuse panel ..I wouldn't think so? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
netrunner

I believe that the auto-dimming mirror is available as a dealer-installed accessory. Most likely, the wiring is already in the head liner and would be exposed by removing the stock mirror or cover plate.

Reply to
Ray O

These mirrors are pretty popular, and they are easy to install. If you wanted to do it yourself you certainly could. All you have to do is remove the map light assembly, tuck the wire from the mirror up into the headliner and tap into power & ground from the maplights.

Reply to
qslim

A bunch of people did this for the 4runner. They run the power from the overhead lights few inches away. go to t4r.org and search on dimming mirror.

Reply to
Dan J.S.