A4 1.8T Changing Oil

This will be the first oil change that I do on the 2000 A4. I saw an article on Audi World where the suggested torque for the oil pan filler bolt is like
37 lb/ft. Wow! That's about twice the torque of any other car I've done this to (and I have done a lot). Can somebody confirm this is a good number?
Also, on the official Audi Oil Filter, there is some strange reference to tightening to 20 Nm/Ftlb. Huh? 20 N/m converts to about 15 lb/ft. Which do they really mean?
Thanks in advance,
Ken
KWS wrote:
---8<---

I think they mean "20 Nm or 20 Ftlb." At such low torques, the difference between 20 Nm and 20 Ftlb. is insignificant on the filter. Very hard to measure with a torque wrench, on that kind of fitting. But it gives a good rough idea to a mechanic who knows what 20 Nm feels like in his/her hands.
I doubt they mean "20 Nm per Ftlb." ;-)
/Robert
Thanks, Robert. That makes sense. Now if someone would chime in on the filler bolt torque, I will do the deed.
Regards,
Ken

do
measure
idea to

According to my Bentley CD, your car is up-side down, and that's actually the oil drain plug.
Tighten it to 40 Nm (30 ft lb).
hth ;-)
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
Much thanks.
Ken

As a follow up.....man, that oil filter was tough. I think it has something to do with the mating surface; it appears to be somewhat compliant vs. the machined surfaces in most cars. I could not really examine it closely, but it seems a marvel of engineering.
Ken