2000 A4 windshield washer weak

Hi, Yesterday my washers were suddenly very weak, squirting perhaps just a 4-6" stream whereas they used to squirt very strongly, even over the roof. I still get a good blast on the headlights. Is this from the same pump as the windshield washer? Clogged lines perhaps? If it's the pump. do I just swap out the entire tank or is the pump itself replaceable? Thanks.

Reply to
Kyle Tucker

There are separate pumps, but the tank is often shared. In my experience the problem is normally algae growing in the lines, especially clogging up the non-return valves and nozzles. Nozzles can also become blocked through over-enthusiastic use of car polish. Pumps usually last quite well.

Reply to
Christopher Roberts

This turned out to be that my washer line, along with several electrical wires, had been chewed through by mice who apparently set up house in my fender well. Mechanic said it could have a much bigger disaster than it was.

Reply to
Kyle Tucker

And you couldn't smell the difference between washer fluid and rainwater?

Reply to
daytripper

Huh? If I had fluid coming out from the tank, albeit weakly, where does rain water come into this?

Reply to
Kyle Tucker

Couldda swore you said there was no smell from the soaked carpet...

Reply to
daytripper

Carpet? Must have been a different thread.

Reply to
Kyle Tucker

Yeah, I crossed the streams. My bad ;-)

Reply to