A4 or S4?

bloke keeps parking his A4 near my place and i try to work out whether it's an S4 or not

my understanding is a UK S4 has S4 badges on the rear, spoiler, and 'Avus III' design alloy wheels or 'nine spoke' design alloy wheels, and 2 exhausts

this car has a spoiler, five spoke 'star' design alloy wheels, S quattro badges on the side of the car (behind the rear doors), 2 rear exhausts

is it an import S4? or a 3.0 quattro A4 trying to be an S4? or a real S4?

Reply to
blockhed

Sounds like an S-line model. Not a true S car - just a sport version with body kit and badges, it could even be a 1.8T (a friend of mine has a 1.8T S-line). There are quite a few around - they're available like that ex-factory.

Of course, not all S or RS models are badged - I've debadged my RS6.

Reply to
Peter Bell

someone posted

or something like that for lookingup currently registered car details. Or punch the number into an onlineinsurance quote and see what it says it is!

Reply to
Dave Hall

Okay, I have confirmed that the A4 S-line is only available as a 1.8T (190 PS), fwd or quattro, saloon or avant. The S badging is on the side moulding attached to the rear passenger doors. It is fitted with a deeper front spoiler than a standard A4, and the saloon has a small lip spoiler on the boot lid. It comes with five-spoke alloys of a similar design to the 19" RS6 wheels.

I am pretty certain that this is the car you are seeing.

Reply to
Peter Bell

thanks mate

yeh, had a closer look at it today and its a S-line badge

'bellfamily')

Reply to
blockhed