A4 or S4?

bloke keeps parking his A4 near my place and i try to work out whether it's an S4 or not
my understanding is a UK S4 has S4 badges on the rear, spoiler, and 'Avus
III' design alloy wheels or 'nine spoke' design alloy wheels, and 2 exhausts
this car has a spoiler, five spoke 'star' design alloy wheels, S quattro badges on the side of the car (behind the rear doors), 2 rear exhausts
is it an import S4? or a 3.0 quattro A4 trying to be an S4? or a real S4?

Sounds like an S-line model. Not a true S car - just a sport version with body kit and badges, it could even be a 1.8T (a friend of mine has a 1.8T S-line). There are quite a few around - they're available like that ex-factory.
Of course, not all S or RS models are badged - I've debadged my RS6.

Okay, I have confirmed that the A4 S-line is only available as a 1.8T (190 PS), fwd or quattro, saloon or avant. The S badging is on the side moulding attached to the rear passenger doors. It is fitted with a deeper front spoiler than a standard A4, and the saloon has a small lip spoiler on the boot lid. It comes with five-spoke alloys of a similar design to the 19" RS6 wheels.
I am pretty certain that this is the car you are seeing.

thanks mate
yeh, had a closer look at it today and its a S-line badge

someone posted https://www.rac.co.uk/myrac/ or something like that for looking up currently registered car details. Or punch the number into an online insurance quote and see what it says it is!
--
Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club