A6 1996. 2.5TDI low engine temperature

When i drive my Audi A6 1996. 2.5TDI(115KS) its heating water coolant very slow (termperature indicator is rising very slow) and never get above 70C...it only gets above 80C vhen I drive above 130KM/h...is this normal
and is it possible that the engine will get ruined with not fixing that problem...thnx juraj from croatia

It may be a thermostat or it may be the temperature sensor. In the former case, running cool is not optimum but is unlikely to ruin your engine either. If it is the latter, then your engine may actually be at normal temperature. I'd have it checked but YMMV.

Hi, I have the 150 HP engine and the water temperature rarely exceeds 70C. Oil Temperature is also something like that.
I would not worry. It has been like that from the beginning. IMO only a sign of a cooling system with margins.
Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *