engine temperature in W124 2.0 TE

Hello Which temperature is proper for 2.0TE engine with LPG? Mine is near line above 80 degrees line. Is this correct? grtz dol

Reply to
dol

All cars should be around 90 degree C. Anything past that may indicate some problem... 100 is okay but past that must be fixed.

Reply to
Tiger

hi just had a new fan switch on mine so - think the fan comes on at 102C, then back off at 98C, shouldn't get much hotter than that obviously - my '88

230TE runs about 90 (its between 80 and 100 ;) ) except in heavy traffic/hot day/long hills

OOOPS just reread - thought LPG should run cooler than petrol? mines on petrol... anyway, there you go cheers!

Reply to
news

By the way, how does your motor go on LPG? - pro's/con's? Did you convert it yourself?

Reply to
news

Reply to
Dr_Chino

LPG runs hotter than petrol AFAIK.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

Hello Thanks for yours answers:) actually he goes very well. Engine runs like on petrol:) No, i don't convert it by myself-it cost me about 500 euro

dol

Reply to
dol

hmm...can you tell me: does the fan blowing air to radiator or sucking fresh air from outside throw the radiator?:) i always thought that it is blowing but mine is sucking...;) grtz dol

Reply to
dol

hmmm no sorry I've only seen it running once (fan) and now that the summer is finished here (uk) I dont expect to see it spinning again for quite a long time... although, I would have assumed it sucks through the radiator , as the car (and airflow) is going that direction anyway ? cheers!

Reply to
news

wow good score, I haven't seen a conversion advertised for less than £1000 here (uk), even a do-it-yourself kit cost more than £5-600! I assume your motor is fuel injected too? Interesting! Running continuously at 100C sounds a bit hotter than optimal though cheers!

Reply to
news