Alarm

Hi all
I'm a lurker and have not the knowledge to contribute anything of much use to this group but hope that you will be kind enough to give me some
"one-way" help.
I have a 1999 A3 1.6 SE. The indicator lights have stopped flashing (once) when I lock/arm the car/alarm and the alarm seems to be working. I have sat in the car for a minute or so and waited for the alarm to arm and have then set off the alarm by moving around (motion sensors). (The car has never given an audio signal to indicate that the alarm is armed. I am assuming that is normal for all A3's.) The indicators do, however, flash (twice) when I unlock/disarm the car/alarm. How can I get it to flash again when I lock the car?
Many thanks for your help.

I too have an A3 SE (2000) - I can't really help you but I can confirm that they just flash once when you lock/arm the car, no sound is given off.