How to tell exactly what alarm, immobiliser etc i have

Hi guys,

I have a UK model Focus 3 Door Hatch. Its T reg 1.8 Zetec model. I have never known exactly what alarm system and security is has. Is there any easy way to find out? I cant see anything in the documents that i got when bought it a few years ago from private seller.

I know its alarmed. Just look for specification etc. Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
eyup

In alt.autos.ford.focus eyup :

AFAIK the immobilizer can only been seen through the little flashing red LED somewhere near the LCD clock.

There are a few different alarm systems, including interior movement sensors which are placed on the "B-Saeule" sorry no English word. Though you can just put someone into the car, lock it an turn on alarm and it should turn on alarm as soon as the person moves inside.

If you open the engine hood with the key while alarm is turned on it will turn on alarm, not mentioning its own key. Though you can turn of alarm with the remote key-fob immediately.

Dunno how the double lock system is concerned with alarm, my key-fob has 3 buttons, if you press the button with the closed lock twice it will turn on alarm with flashing warning lights once. If you keep the button pressed it will in addition close any open window.

Mine is a Ghia, if this matters? Bought it used several years ago and I dunno for sure what is default with this version and what are extra options the ancestor bought.

The owner manual describes the options, though it doesn't mean your car has them, just because they are listed in the manual.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Thanks for the reply. I do indeed have the led so believe i have the standard immobiliser. I'm not sure about the alarm. I definately havent got any visible interior sensors.

My key fob will do the 2 press lock, one appears to lock the car, then the second press deadlocks it and flashes the lights. I have no idea if this is setting a alarm. I tried opening the bonnet and no alarm went off. Guess the other test will be forced entry but no so keen on that idea ;-)

Reply to
eyup

In alt.autos.ford.focus eyup :

Iirc there are different alarm options. Once the alarm turned on after being 100-300 or so meter away from the car. As I came back there were some workers near, asked them but they wondered why the alarm had turned on at all. It was just flashing warning lights at this time.

Solution was pretty easy, some paper board sunscreen I had just put in place before leaving had come loose. Apparently the sucker moved a bit and this was enough to trigger interior sensors (Looks like there are at least 4 sensors).

At least I know now that the system works perfectly. ;-)

At least on my Focus it does. There is a small sticker "alarm" with some pictogram on the driver and front passenger window which looks like it is original?

Sounds like you don't have alarm? You could check the drivers manual for the fuse alarm uses, if it isn't shared and you don't have it in place, it should be obvious.

To be sure you could ask some Ford dealer to check if yours has alarm or not?

Reply to
Michael Heiming