Sprinter door alarm when key not in ignition

Hi,

I have a problem that just started. It is on a Dodge Sprinter so I think this is the right group. There is a door key ignition buzzer that used to just go off when I had the key in the 1 or 2 postion and briefly in the 3 position but now that same alarm goes off when I just have the door open no key anywhere near the ignition. It goes off when I start and drive etc but its a bit annoying when I just open the door to grab something out of the van.

Thanks for any help. GGH

Reply to
Gavin

How old/how many miles? And do you have a lot dangling on your keychain? Could be the ignition switch (along with its key-in sensor) is wearing out. (If it wears out sufficiently, someone could start and run your car without the key...) A dealer could replace the ignition lock cylinder &/or key sensor and key it to the original key...

Reply to
Ron Seiden