Anyone want cruise control on their TDI?

If anyone is interested in adding cruise control to their TDI cars in the UK (near-ish to Bristol) for about 150 please let me know... snipped-for-privacy@hisser.org
I'd love to have it done but I live in Notts... why? Do you run a garage that does this?
Cheers, Jules
--
***24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case...coincidence?***
"James" < snipped-for-privacy@hisser.org> wrote in message

models which makes CC easier to add?
--
Toby

I think the reason is that the current CC is all done in electronics and just needs the switchgear fitting. However, this version of CC only works with 'drive by wire' cars (ie cars where the throttle is a rheostat, rather than mechanical linkage. TDi cars have been DBW for longer than petrol versions. The majority of Audi petrol enines went over to DBW during 2000.

You learn something new everyday!
Thanks :)
--
Toby

Mine is a 2000 A4 1.8T Quattro Sport (facelift) UK, is it DBW?
--
***24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case...coincidence?***
"Toby Groves" < snipped-for-privacy@iconia.org.uk> wrote in message
Open the bonnet and see if the throttle is moved by the accelerator pedal with the ignition off. Rgds

Err... don't hold me to this, but I believe that it should be.