Cruise Control covered under 10/100K warranty?

My daughter is using my 2005 Santa Fe for a few months and she is having problems with the cruise control. Anyone know if these are these covered under the 10 yr/100K warranty? I don't want her paying out of pocket for repairs, and if it isn't covered I'll have her wait until her next trip home.

TIA, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

"Zeppo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

10/100 is drivetrain - engine, transmission, etc. It would be covered on the 5/60 warranty only.

Regards, Bob

Reply to
Bob Babskie

Rats, 61.5K, and 2 months past 5 yrs.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Also makes me wonder what my daughter is doing with my car. 5 years with no issues with me driving it. 2 weeks with 2 issues with her driving it.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

I take that back. I had a warranty issue last January with the Throttle Positioning sensor and the dealer replaced it. IIRC it was also affecting the cruise control. I wonder if that's going bad again.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Then it may be covered by the replacement part warranty.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ask her. Remind her about hte 5th Amendment also as it may be handy.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Wait, that applies to your kids, too??!!! :-)

Reply to
Zeppo

OK, turned out to be a defective cruise control switch. $120 replaced. Not too bad.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo