RE: Brake lights/cruise control question

Hey.. any luck with your problem? I appear to be experiencing similar problems w/ the cruise control, but don?t know about the brake lights.. I?ll check ?em out later.

-Craig

Reply to
lithium

No luck so far. I have also noticed that when the engine is running or just the ignition is in the on position, when I step on the brakes the radio's dash light comes on; the gear indicator light and the odometer dash light go dim as well. Weird. Still, if no corner lights or headlights are on, the brake lights work. I have checked every fuse under the dash with a tester and all that I could find in the fuse box under the hood, passenger side of the engine compartment. I wonder if the brake light bulbs are dual element type bulbs and somehow, both bulbs have the same burned out element at the same time. If there's an electrical short I guess that would be a possible result. I've checked to see how to remove the brake lights to test them but don't see how to get to them yet.

rusty

Reply to
rusty