Audi 100 Transmission is toast

Burned out the second transmission on my 89 100. I had a used transmission and transaxle put in about a year ago, and it's been acting up for about the
last 6 mos. Reverse slipping when hot, and some times downshifting from 3rd to 2nd at road speed unnecessarily. Then it is difficult to get back into 3rd, without slowing way down. I put up with this until now, it will hardly go into first gear from a standing start. I can drive about a block in first, and it is slipping so bad it won't move at all. Fluid is red, but has graphite-like particles in it, making it look dark. The fluid does not smell burned. I have used 2 doses of Lucas Trans Fix in the past 6 months, but didn't seem to help much.
I know I need a replacement automatic section, but my mechanic doesn't have a used one available. What are the best sources for a good used autobox for this car? There is one on eBay for $400, but I am wary of buying something like this on eBay, not knowing if it will work when it gets here! Shipping alone is $200!
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your advice!
--
Stephen Clark
Stephen Clark wrote:

Try searching: http://car-part.com /

Hi Tony, thanks for the resource. I did find two here in Texas, and not too far away. Now to decide which might be the best one...
--
Stephen Clark
Can your mechanic get yours rebuilt? Or have the one that originally came out rebuilt? Is this you on craigslist.org also asking for parts? http://houston.craigslist.org/wan/649604807.html

He says he can't get the parts necessary for a rebuild. He has three apart at his shop right now trying to scavenge enough good parts to make one.
No, it's not me on craigslist, but it could be my mechanic! He mentioned he's looking for an A/C compressor, and mine is good....
--
Stephen Clark