1975 Audi 100 transmission

We are trying to remove the old transmission but the bellhousing hits the welded crossbar behind the motor and there is not enough give to force it by. Is there an easy way to get the transmission out? We have tried turning the tranny every way possible - no luck. Appreciate any info.

Reply to
bampebbles

Bruce, You might try asking the folks on the Audi C1 group on Yahoo. Chances are, using an engine crane, you'd take the engine and transmission together out of the top after removing the hood, and then remove the transmission. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k
Reply to
Steve Sears