Audi TT

Dashboard problem! My dashboard lights and meters keep on flickering, on and off. Sometimes it seems completely solved, then the other time it's a real
mess, and nothing seems to work on the dashboard. I'm told either it would be a shortcircuit problem, a ground problem or a voltage stabilisor problem. I'm confused!? The dealer is telling me to invest 1.000 for a brand new dash!?! That's the lucrative and easy way for them. I'm also told by the Dutch ACtronics company, that they are able to repare and restore various dashboards, but only with a 50% guarantee.
So, I need a good advice! This is a typical Audi problem for several type of cars, from A4 to etc. etc. What's the typical solution!
Thanks in advance,
Roland.

How old is the car and where are you?
In the UK I believe Audi will repair free of charge official (i.e. not personal imports) cars up to 5 years old
Have you tried contacting Audi directly?
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your suggestion. It's a 2000 car, and the former owner has done everything he could towards the dutch audo importer PON. I guess first I'll visit an instrument maker who also restores all kinds of dashes from trucks.
Dave schreef:

Dashboard problem! My dashboard lights and meters keep on flickering, on and off. Sometimes it seems completely solved, then the other time it's a real mess, and nothing seems to work on the dashboard. I'm told either it would be a shortcircuit problem, a ground problem or a voltage stabilisor problem. I'm confused!? The dealer is telling me to invest ?1.000 for a brand new dash!?! That's the lucrative and easy way for them. I'm also told by the Dutch ACtronics company, that they are able to repare and restore various dashboards, but only with a 50% guarantee.
So, I need a good advice! This is a typical Audi problem for several type of cars, from A4 to etc. etc. What's the typical solution!
Thanks in advance,
Roland.
There is a place that will repair them:
http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=audi_tt_dashboard_failing