Aerostar Dashboard Removal

Someone vandalized the radio aerial on my '95 Ford Aerostar. I have acqired a replacement antenna, but don't know how to remove the dashboard in order to get to the radio.

Can anyone provide or point me to instructions for removing the dashboard?

Thanks,

Charles Varner - Hilton Head Is., SC

Reply to
Charles Varner

Hi Charles, I have a 94 aerostar. I had to replace my aerial and it did not require removing the dash. All I had to do was remove the glovebox. I then reached around to the back of the radio to unplug the aerial. I recall that I also removed the plastic cover down by the feet under the dash. I think this allowed me to work the wire through where it comes down from the bottom of the aerial.

To remove the glove box you need to empty it. As you open it all the way the back wall of the glove box will hit on the das to stop it. You can just pull on the back wall of the glove b ox to work it past the dash.

If that's confusing I'll try to explain a different way.

Dual Quad

Reply to
dual_quad

DQ,

Thanks for your response. I've never been in a '94 Aerostar, but maybe it is different from my '95. I removed the dashboard and tried to reach where the aerial attaches to the radio, but didn't succeed. About all I could reach was the back of the ash tray section. It looks like I'll need to remove the black plastic moulding that surrounds the ash tray, radio and a few other items. Then I'll be able to remove a few screws and slide the radio out.

Should you have any suggestions on how to do this, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

Charles

Reply to
Charles Varner