Bose radio upgrade ideas...?

Do they have adapters for to add a different head unit for the older 1990+ bose stereo systems?

The Persings wrote:

The usual suspects for that sort of thing are:
http://www.americaninternational.net /
http://www.metraonline.com/turbokit.aspx?make6
http://www.scosche.com /
http://www.pie.net /
Adding a headunit to a Bose system can be risky. Bose systems are multi-amplified and often utilize a very specialized EQ setup, sometimes attahced to or built into the deck. Swaping to an after market deck with a Bose system can actually make your sound WORSE.
There is an adapter made that works with the speakers and aftermarket stereos., I belive it is called Audilink.The guy that owned my V8 before me had a stereo installed without it, disconnected the amplifiers and bypassed them, the problem is the Bose speakers run at I think 4 ohms and most others run at 8, it sounded like crap, I think the Audi link is the only way to have it sound worth a damn, I have seen them on EBAY before. Hope that helps, best of luck. John 1990 V8 Quattro On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 22:04:43 -0500, "The Persings"